Secure Asynchronous File Transfer – SAFT
“Payload encrypted bittorrent like protocol for robust file transfer”
Sending files or large chunks of data between two endpoints requires a secure tunnel with both parties awake and connected at the same time. This can be difficult in a mobile connection, especially if a device saves battery by staying asleep as much as possible.
HYKER has implemented a specific protocol to solve this problem; SAFT – Secure Asynchronous File Transfer. This means that the sending device just encrypts and sends the file disregarding if the recipient is online. It also handles the case of a recipient dropping out in the middle of a transfer. The parts not received is kept waiting in a secure cloud-based queuing system in encrypted and non-accessible format. When the recipient comes online the queues are read and emptied.
ROBUST FILE TRANSFER
- Send file anytime
- Recipient starts receiving when connected
- Large files are chopped in small fragments, no need for complete file resend when dropped connection
- Buffer(s) can be deployed on any server, data center or cloud
- Any IP network can be used for transport
- No need to trust networks, relaying hubs, routers, etc.
- No need for secure tunnels where both sender and receiver must be online at the same time
- A file can only be decrypted by the right receiver since all receivers have unique encryption keys
- Not possible to read, manipulate or replace files in transfer
- Send files to one or group of receivers
OTHER IMPLEMENTATIONS CAN BE, FOR INSTANCE:
- Distribution of sensitive documents that shouldn’t be stored on cloud services
- System integration of batch generated data files